Кому то мои фики покажутся надуманными, кому то - печальными. Но они именно такие, какими я их вижу. "Их" - это сериал в целом и Винчестеров в частности. Я стараюсь расширить свои жанры, но мой "конек" - это драма (иногда с примесью легкого юмора и романтики). Уж не обессудьте. У меня много чего запланировано еще написать, но либо не хватает времени, либо мне просто лень. Но я стараюсь хоть иногда черкать что-то.
Дата: Вторник, 21-Авг-2012, 19:40 | Сообщение # 42
Бегущая по волнам
Еще одна замечательная новость! Nadin перевела на английский язык "Мэндэрли" Наслаждайтесь чтением!
Title: Menderlie Author: Angara aka Eva Almas Translation from Russian by Nadin Beta: Sh Egy Shaker Art by Nadin Characters: Dean, Sam, some minor characters Rating: General Genre: Drama Timeline: between episodes 1x09 "Home" and 1x10 "Asylum" Spoilers/Warnings: none Disclaimer: I own nothing. This is just for entertainment. Description: The regular Winchester's hunting on offended evil spirits
This fanfic was written for Literary Challenge "Case of Winchesters: a missed episode" organized by Supernatural.ru
1. Dean woke up earlier than his brother. A few minutes he staring at a cobweb on the ceiling, recalling what was happening about a week ago. Lawrence, Kansas... To come back there was harder than he thought. It seemed he was back to his childhood, when he saw their old house, it was feel like he's four again and his mother still around.
Lawrence, Kansas, August, 1983 - Mom, will we go to the zoo? - The kid took a long sip of milk, and looked again with his huge eyes at the woman. - Yes, Dean, as soon as dad will come, and when you'll gather your toys, - answered Mary with a strict tone of voice but her eyes shone with warmth. - Are you sure that Dad will come? - asked Dean, getting up from the table. - Yes, soon. So let's put together your toys and try not to wake Sam.
Dean sharply sat up. He didn't remember it before but he's remembering now. Mom and dad quarreled, so dad didn't live at home about a month. Dean insanely missed him then, he was crying at nights without his fairy tales. Mom, of course, told them, but daddy turned it out funnier. His return to home was accompanied by a joyous Dean's squeal and condescending Mary's smile. It's strange that he remembered it just now. Most likely, this house affected on his memory this way. Dean reached out his hand to a backpack and pulled some photos out (which Jenny gave them, thinking they will be glad to have it). But it seems she was wrong. "Although it excusable", decided Dean "because she didn't know the whole truth". Once again Dean looked at the pictures and for a long time detaining a look at every photo. Here he keeps Sam on his arms. Mom and Dad – she laughs, he eats something – they're so young and happy. Here – Dean on a pony – it’s daddy's idea. Here – dad is still young, beardless and with a contented smile on his lips. Normal family... Dean heard a rustling, that made him flinch. Sam woke up. Dean quickly thrust the pics in backpack, because his little brother doesn't necessarily know what he looks at them often. - Are you already awake? – Sam was surprised when he saw his brother sitting on the bed and squashing his backpack in the hands. - Yeap, a few minutes ago. I'm starving, need to run to the pizzeria, – he said, pulling jeans and shirt out of a backpack. - OK, go! And I'm going to the shower, – Sam dropped his feet on the cold floor and shivered. - Glad you slept without nightmares, – said Dean leaving the room. - Yeah, me too... – muttered to himself Sam.
*** Later, sitting in the room and gobbling up a breakfast, the boys reading a newspaper to find a new job. Last week was pretty enough for the rest, and both of them need a new job now. At least, everyone of them thought this way. - Look, Sam, - Dean stopped at the obituary note. - A young woman was found dead in the bathtub ... - And what's strange here? - Interrupted Sam, watching the news page on the Internet. - Millions of people dying this way. - And how many of these millions have 99 spiders in the bathtub? - asked Dean, looking straight at his brother. - You're right, it's strange... - he said with astonishment and began to read more attentively the note about the incident in an ancient castle. - Dean, I found something much more interesting. There was an accident in the old castle, is called "Menderlie" and was brought from Scotland in the 18th Century. Daughter of the current landlady of the castle, Mrs. Granvuds, died about a year ago. She fell out of the window even despite the fact the window was closed. Immediately thereafter, their gardener broke his spine after dropped out of the blue. Then, some cooks have died because of a heart attack. This all is not without purpose. Maybe, check this out? In addition, it's a pretty close, just a short drive away... - Well, if you don't wanna see the spiders in the bath, let's go to look at the ruins of an old castle.
2. Menderlie Castle was truly ancient and seemed really enormous. It saved all the splendor inherent in the Middle Ages. Gorgeous brick, a few towers stretched out their shining spires high into the air. There wasn't any fencing, only the perfectly straight rose bushes grew around the perimeter and creating a nice shield. - Wow, dude, look, it's a real castle! - Dean exclaimed and took a pic of the castle on the mobile phone camera. - Dean! - hissed little brother. - Take your phone away, someone is coming to meet us... Just now Winchester noticed a short heavy man, who was dressed in a blue suit. He's pretty briskly heading toward the hunters. - How can I help you, gentlemen? - It was an old Asian, and he saying with a slight accent. - Yes, Mr. - began Sam. - We're a students of History Faculty. My name is Sam, and this is my classmate Dean. Asian nodded in greeting but said nothing and waiting for the continuation. - So, we need to write an article about a place that keeps the echoes of history, - Sam lied without batting an eye. - We asked around local and decided that the castle is the best place. After all, it was transferred from Scotland about two hundred years ago. Surely, there is a library or maybe the landlady tells us something interesting.
- Everything is pretty clear, gentlemen. That's why you took the pictures, right? - He turned to Dean. - Um-m-m... Y-yes, - said Dean stammering. - It's all for the article. - Come into the house, I'll pass your request to Mrs. Granvuds. Sighing, Winchesters followed the man. But Dean is constantly looking around. He couldn't shake the feeling that they're being watched from the very moment, when the little man went out to them. Looking at Sam, Dean realized that his brother feels the same thing. Sam looked around too, and frowned as if he's in pain. Entering the house through a large heavy carved doors, the little man pointed to the sofa, which was standing right in the lobby and courteously asked to wait for a owner's response. - Sam, how are you? - Dean whispered, when the Asian man left the room. - I'm Okay. Just head hurts a little... - Sam said, rubbing his bridge of the nose and with a force closing his eyes. - What? There's your vision again? - No. It's not... It's like something itching in the brain... - I have the feeling that we were being watched. - And it is too! - Sam nodded. - What's going on here, damn it? What kind of "mind games"? Sam couldn't answer, because the door, behind which disappeared the Asian man before, is opened and a woman entered the hall. She wasn't young but looked pretty good. She had an oval face with small features, a tiny mouth and a straight nose. Blonde hair was tied with blue ribbon. Bright blue almond eyes studied the guests. She was dressed very stylishly and pretty expensively - blue dress clung to her elongated figure, emphasizing her excessive thinness. - I'm Nia Granvuds. Please, repeat one more time, what led you to visit me?
3. An hour later, brothers sat in a cozy living room, drinking coffee from the coffee cups, which displeased Dean because it was pretty small size. Dean mumbled something like "I won't drink from a thimble!" and set his cup on the table, without firing a single gulp. - Sam, - Mrs. Granvuds once again appealed to the younger hunter, in every way ignoring Dean. - The house has an excellent collection of chronicles. You can read them. May be, there is something useful... I don't really know about this Castle. Perhaps, the same things that you know. Menderlie was transported from my distant relative Bronnuin MakArran in Scotland... - Yeah, I know all this things, Mrs. Granvuds. I would like to learn more about the accident in the house, Sam has decided to move to the point. - You know... - Nia hesitated, making a sip of coffee. - I try to do, that no one knew about these cases. How did you hear about it? - Well, we have our own sources, - Dean replied a little defiantly. – So, will you tell us? We need to know it... for the article. - Ok... Strange things often happen in this house. At first, the gardener breaking his back falling out of the blue. Then the dishwasher run screaming and saying that she had seen a crocodile in the corner. My daughter... The Asian came in and interrupted the conversation by telling about a phone call. - Sorry, boys, but I need to go – there is an urgent matter. I was glad to meet you... Sunn Lee will take you to the exit.
*** Saying goodbye to Mrs. Granvuds and returned to the motel, hunters laid out around the cuttings from the newspapers. - So what do we have? - Sam started to read while Dean was preparing sandwiches. - It looks like a ghost, only we didn't know whose it was a ghost. I found five deaths in the castle. So, our client may prove to be one of those five. - And who are these "the lucky ones"? - Dean asked, sitting on the bed and chewing a sandwich. - Alexander Montgomery, died in 1923 of a heart attack. Mercedes Winfour, the cook, died after falling and hitting her head in 1925. Steven Robbins died in 1996 - he was bitten to death by a dog. Irene Robbins drowned in a bathtub in the same year. And finally, Christine Granvuds, died in 2004. - Well, in general, not so much for the ancient stones. In some homes people are dying even more. - I didn't like the psychological attack... - Sam thoughtfully bite his nails and looking at the monitor of laptop. - Oh yeah, by the way! - Dean says. - I completely forgot about that surveillance. What was that? I didn't see anyone but I felt very distinctly that someone staring on me. - Dean, I don't know. We should come back there at night because during the day the whole evil in hibernation. - Sam, I know, but how we get in close to the castle at night? Sure, it's well guarded. Wait a minute... I have a plan. Only… you don't like it, - Dean smiled slyly.
4. Three hours later, frowning and shifting from foot to foot, Sam was on at the threshold of the estate Menderlie and Dean stood a little distance, smiling all 32 teeth. Opening the door, Sunn Lee spent Winchesters in the same hall as before, and the landlady immediately entered the room. - Boys! What brings you here so late? - Mrs. Granvuds - Sam began, blushing like strawberry. - Something unpleasant happened in our motel. Our room was flooded by lodgers of upper floor and there wasn't the vacant rooms. - What a pity! - The woman sincerely sympathized, her hands folded on her chest. - Yeah, really pity... Umm... So, could you let us stay in your Castle? Just a few days until the time when some motel room will be vacant. We'll pay for... - What are you talking about, Sam? No need to pay! I can't leave you both on the street! - She exclaimed, and then said to Asian. - Sunn Lee, prepare a guest room, please! Sunn Lee held Winchesters in a room on the second floor. It was big and bright, there were two neatly laid out beds.
*** Later, making sure that everyone is asleep, the hunters armed with a flashlight and sensor EMF. Walking down the corridor and checking everything around, they tried not to make noise. Suddenly their sensor came to life then flashed red lights and the silence was broken by the characteristic squeak and rumble sensor. Winchester stopped at the door, and when it opened inviting them to enter into the room, none of them wasn't surprised. The dampness and cold breathed on hunters. They shined a flashlight and saw a large room. It definitely belonged to a girl, a large mirror in the corner and pink walls made it pretty clear. - Probably, it's a room of the deceased's daughter, - whispered Sam. - Yeah, definitely! - Dean said, pointing to a photo in a frame, where was image a girl looked about 18-20 years old, in a long white dress against a background of a large number of multi-colored balloons. Her smile made Dean to smile in response. - I feel sorry for this girl, she was pretty cute. From the corridor they heard striking of the clock, which letting them know that night is coming. The clock struck twelve and fell silent. - Dean, look! - Sam shone by flashlight on the wall.
There was blood stain on the wall, blurring in all directions and then suddenly it stopped growing. A few seconds nothing happened, when suddenly on a background of red spots started to appear black letters. They are constantly moving, and finally frozen in place. - I can't read it - Dean moaned, running his flashlight on the letters. - It's Latin, - said Sam. He remembered where he was seeing the same sign.
Stanford University, California, May, 2005 - Happy birthday, darling! - On Sam's shoulders lay down a gentle hand, distracting him from reading a book. - Thank you, Jess! There was no need... - started he, when she got out of her pocket a small box. - Sam, I chose it for so long. I ordered the engraving. Actually, I wanted something sweet, but the master must have been drunk. That's why there is exactly the inscription, - it seemed like Jessica trying to justify herself. Sam twisted in his hands a fairly massive silver bracelet. And then pulled her to him and kissed her. - You're spoiling me, - whispered Sam, softly touching his lips to her cheek. - No, I just love you! - said Jessica, looking into his eyes. - So you're not offended about the engraving? Only after it Sam read a barely visible inscription. He smiled. She did't know how much she was right.
- Hey, Sam... Come back to the Earth! - Dean pushed his little brother, trying to bring attention to himself. - What's the inscription? - Qualis vita, et mors ita. A death is the same as a life, - said Sam, trying to shaking off the flood of memories, ready to shed tears. - Nerd is nerd! - as usual Dean taunted and didn't notice like his brother's dark eyes flashed by tears. - And what is that supposed to mean? - How do I know? - Sam snarled. - We should look for clues and the author of this message. - Do you think it’s message? - No, Dean, it’s a part of the decor! - Sam lost his temper, for which he received a weighty slap from his big brother. Sam didn't have time to collect himself, as the door slammed with a loud thud.
5. Dean rushed to the door, hoping to open it, but it didn't work. He was immediately thrown by an unknown force to the opposite wall. Dean hit his back of the wardrobe, wanted to scream from surging pain. But Dean was looking through the eyes of his brother. Sam still stood in the middle of the room. He didn't move, but his eyes were wide open. It seemed that he was paralyzed on the spot. Suddenly from the window sill jumped a woman. Even in the dark, it was obvious that she is beautiful, even too much – big eyes, full lips, straight nose, fine facial features. She wore a dress in the style of the Middle Ages – the bottom of the dress with ruffles, a triangular incision on the chest and massive tracery belt at the waist. She went to Sam, and, in the light of a flashlight lying on the floor, it became evident that she's a ghost. - Who are you? - Dean asked, rising from the floor and holding his injured hand. - Why do you need my name? - Murmured the ghost, coming close to Sam. Dean rushed to help, but she returned him back to the other side of the room by a nod. - Sit quietly, I'll get you later. She ran her hand across the Sam's face, and he sighed deeply and shook his head. - What did you do to me? - Sam asked angrily. - Pacified a little. Don't worry, everything will return to normal when we're done. - When we're done with what? - Not with "what" but with "who"! With your oppressor! - She cried loudly. - What? - asked the Winchester in unison. - He suppresses you, Sam. I see it. During my life, I could 'read' people, but it hasn't brought me happiness. Then I ran into this crazy country in the hope of change, - she slowly moved around Sam, constantly touching his body with her hand. - Sam, he always orders you around, always offend or insult you, calling you nerd and boring. Aren't you tired of it? - No, - Sam shook his head. - He took you out of Stanford, even though you needed to be there for your girlfriend. He often beat you. - What? Are you really crazy?? I don't ever beat him! - Dean was furious, even forgetting the fact that he chained to the wall. - Yeah? Are you sure? Just remember... Blue Earth! - The ghost hissed. First moment Dean just stared at her, but then he remembered...
Blue Earth, Minnesota, August, 1988. - Dean, give me the gun! - Sam jumped again, trying to reach the raised hand of his brother. - Rach out, Sammy! - Dean laughed. - This is MY gun! Uncle Jim gave it to me, - Sam insisted on his continuing to jump in hoping to take away what he wants. Finally, the little boy got tired, he pouted and turned away from Dean. And everything is good, but the big brother knew this trick. And now, Dean laughed looking at Sam's angry eyes looking out from under long bangs, and how he continues to pout. For a moment it seemed that Sam is like a little chipmunk. And Dean laughed even louder. Then Sam shouted something and attacked to his brother with his fists. With closed eyes, he was beating each and all. Dean only defended himself, but when Sammy several times struck Dean in the face with full force, at the moment big brother lost his temper and pushed Sam. The little boy fell just at the moment when Uncle Jim entered the room. His whole appearance made it clear that the boys would be punished for fighting, although he didn't say a word. Dean was still thought that their dad would have yelled at him. But Jim - it's Jim. He ordered the brothers wash the mountain of dishes.
- I see you remembered - gloatingly laughing the woman. - You already had raised your hand to your brother, and now behaving no better. - What are you talking about? - Again in unison asked Winchesters. - He had just hit you! But such а things can't be excused. - Wait a minute... So what are you revenge for the poor and oppressed? - it dawned upon Sam. - My father was a tyrant. He has always humiliated me and my sister. And then he kicked poor Alix out home in the severe cold and she died from the cold. I thought my marriage would be my salvation, but my husband take out on me for any failure in business. When he died, I rejoiced. At that time Steven has appeared in my life. My love Steven. We came here and moved the castle. But Steven also was killed because of some card debts. In this room. One of those monsters that killed him, said to my husband when he died - "What kind of the life and dead so". - What about Christine Granvuds? Is that you killed her? - Sam interrupted the confession of a ghost. - She slapped her mother! How could she raise a hand to this woman? Nia is an angel, no one polluted her. - Others people have died for this reason too? - Dean asked. - They were beaten someone from their relatives? - Every one of them. Some aren’t destroyed physically but pressed mentally. - Bronnuin - Sam remembered name of the woman who owned Menderlie. - I don't want you to kill Dean. I don't blame him. Yes, sometimes we fight, but he saved my life when I was only six months. And after he saved me many times. And for him I'll go even in hell or heaven. Just try to understand, Bronnuin, I won't feel better if Dean dies. - But he lies to you! - The woman cried. - Dean, come clean, tell to Sam, who did you call, while you both were in Lawrence? - How do you...? - Dean was taken aback. He didn't have the desire to talk to Sam about it. At least for now. - I know! Answer me! - The voice of the ghost moved to squeal. - Sam - Dean turned to his little brother. - Sorry, I had to say. I called Dad and asked him for help. I... I just didn't know what to do. - It's okay, Dean. But we managed it together. Without him. - Yeah!!! Your family bond stronger than I expected! Then you'll die together. I hope, in hell... you will be together too.
6. - Go to hell! - Dean shouted. The woman went to Dean, grabbed him by the throat, intending to strangle him. Hunter grabbed her arm, hoping to loosen her grip, but the ghost was much stronger. Apparently, Bronnuin distracted, and Sam felt the invisible shackles fallen of his body. It was necessary to act immediately. He pulled a gun from his jeans back pocket, and shot bypassing the ghost on the left. The woman vanished by gray haze. - She will be back soon. What shall we do? - Sam babbled looking around and supporting Dean. - We should burn her bones. - Dean, it's Bronnuin MakArran! - Exclaimed the younger hunter and said to bewildered brother. - She was cremated. And the ashes is stored in the main hall in the triumphal arch of the family. I read about it. Bronnuin, which unexpectedly arose before the hunters, was able to catch them off guard. She knocked the weapon from Sam's hands and grabbing him by the hair, dragged him to the window. When Dean realized what she was going to do, he immediately rushed to her. Clutching her arms, Winchester, making sure that she let Sam go, with all his strength pushed the woman into a wall. In the same wall, where before spreads the bloodstain and now there was a black inscription. Bronnuin hysterically screamed, and Winchesters put their hands over their ears. Her body is continuously deformed - first getting thin, then grew to enormous size, and constantly changing the color. A few seconds later she was absorbed by blood stain, which completely disappeared after her without any trace. Sam was sitting near the window, exhausted Dean fell on the floor. - We did it, right? - Sam asked, slowly rising to his feet. - I think so. And if not, then we will come back... How're you, Sammy? - I'll survive! - he replied. - Awesome! Dawn is coming soon. Maybe we could go to sleep? - Rising to his feet suggested Dean. - Although, no! First of all, I need a cold shower.
*** - How did you sleep, boys? I hope you didn't have nightmares? - Mrs. Granvuds was cheerful and seemed more relaxed. - Everything was wonderful, Mrs. Granvuds. - Oh, Sam, call me Nia. - Uh, thank you for your hospitality, miss... um-m, Nia! By the way, did you hear something tonight? Well, may be a talk or any knocking? - No, Sam. Everything seems to have been quietly and calmly. It's strange that you asked. But I tell you a secret, I woke up today and realized that I'm happy. I don't know why. But so easy on my soul has never been before. - Dean and I, we are glad for you. And now it's time. The article and study await us. - Well, boys, - Nia shook everyone's hand. - If you will in our area, welcomed to visit. - Sure, - replied with a smile Dean. In silence they descended down and got into the car. In the car Sam turned to his big brother. - Dean, I want you to know... I really don't blame you. - Yeap, Sammy, I know - Dean brushed aside as usual. - You know, what I just thought? We should still continue to search for dad. I'll call to all his friends and acquaintances, artificially from Pastor Jim and Caleb. - Oh, come on, man... If dad wanted us to find him, we'd have already done with that. Let's just wait. We'll railroad through a couple of cases, huh? What do you think? - Sounds good, - said Sam. Dean turned the ignition key and Impala roared by engine as usual. They were waited for the road, work and the unknown tomorrow: may be dangerous, may be fun, and maybe the last one...
Не люблю, когда алюминиевый тазик строит из себя хрустальную вазу